Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

ALMOST A Love Story


You wore your favorite shirt
that day when you walked with me.
We enjoyed the thick green grasses
and sweet smell of the breeze.

You took me by the hand
but it was not only that,
for it was my heart you got the most.
I fell for you in a beautiful way
just like how the water from the fountain 
fell on its place.

We sat beside the beautiful scenery,
I crossed my feet and you started to talk.
Every word you said were full of sense,
right away, I understood what you meant.
I was surprised but it made me so happy 
to find that we felt the same way.

The question came up and you've said it well.
I admit, that very moment...
I wanted to give you my answer right away.
But, I  wanted to play hard to get
so I told you to wait.

The following day, you didn't ask me again
though I was ready for my yes.
The next day, still nothing happened.
Days went by so fast and I grew suspicious.

I didn't see you around anymore
I can't even catch a little glimpse of your shadow
The moments we had that day
seemed to be just part of my wishful dreams.

I didn't have the courage to ask you
and to make things clear.
I felt weak inside and thought 
I should have said yes, right there and then.

You were the first one to ask me
that question in person
 and I felt it was a great experience.

I saw your friends, I took a deep breath
and asked them how you are.
They told me what they knew,
all of it hurt me so.

I wish I never asked
I wish I never made my move
I wish I didn't go with you that day
I wish I never knew you.

You gave me so much confusion
but who should I blame?
In time, everything will be clear.
But for that moment I blamed myself.
I should have not trusted you.
I should have not listened to every word you said.
If I did the opposite, I should have not cried bitterly.

He was like my guiding star.
But he treated me so badly
that I decided to change my mind.
Painful as it was, that experience gave me a lesson.
You should never trust so much and never invest in love if you're not sure enough.


-peyt-

0 comments:

Post a Comment